- maths: Properties of the Real Numbers
PDF slides of a presentation about axiomatic construction of numbers.
- maths: A Graphical Derivation of the Legendre Transform
a geometrical interpretation of the Legendre transform and convex functions.
- misc: Introduction to Auto Racing
video of a Keynote presentation about designing and driving race cars.
- programs: Circles
the Python code used to generate the background images on this site.
EDIT: Program has been revised to use PyLab's interactive mode for graphics.
- maths: How To Calculate Interest
an introduction to bonds, student loans, credit cards, and savings accounts. (includes example spreadsheets.)
- programs: NumPy / SciPy examples
examples of some common scientific programming tasks using SciPy.
EDIT: Programs have been revised to use PyLab's interactive mode for graphics.
- maths: Too Much Information
PDF slides of a presentation about Shannon entropy, thermodynamics, and quantum information theory.
- misc: The Science of Sound
video of a Keynote presentation about the physics of audio production.
- programs: RSA encryption, Mathematica tournaments, matrix maths in C++
- Python program for teaching and learning RSA, Caesar-style, and polyalphabetic encryption
- Mathematica notebooks for estimating variance and profit in winner-take-all poker tournaments
- C++ code for matrix manipulation and random matrix generation using the Eigen open-source (LGPL) library
- maths: A Crash Course In Group Theory, Matrix Cheat Sheet, Phase Qubits
- a short introduction to finite group theory
- a quick-reference guide to matrix algebra terminology
- an introduction to the theory of superconducting Josephson junction phase qubits